Thursday, April 16, 2009

it's a....

BOY!!! Yay!  We are sooo excited!  And a little surprised too!  The funny thing is, I've been calling this baby a "him" this whole time, which might seem normal to most people, but with both of my girls, I called them "her" before we even knew.  Must be something about that mother's intuition.  Plus, this baby took a lot longer to move around than the last two, so I figured it was probably a big, lazy boy.

And there is no doubt that this is a boy.  It was very obvious.  We had the ultrasound tech whisper it to Adeline first so she could tell us - which she loved!  But looking at the screen was a dead give-away.  I didn't think I would be able to tell, but it was right there staring at me.

This is all new and a little scary for me.  Those of you with boys will have to pass on some tips to this newbie!

We're all beaming around here tonight!  Time to clean out the girl clothes and look for great deals on baby boy clothes!  How fun!

No worries, Brooks family.  The Brooks family name will now be carried on. 

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats, on the baby boy! I am sure you will do just fine with a boy! It's not like you are getting a highschool boy right off the bat. You get to start with a sweet little baby boy!

peter marie said...

I'm still so excited about this news!! You are going to love being a mommy to a little boy.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Congratulations! I think the cutest thing will be to see the big sisters love on their little brother!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Hey, just think......they could've said 'It's twin boys!'...then you'd be REALLY suprised ;)

Anonymous said...

Chad & Katie, Congrats on the news! A boy! Chad, you have to start a daddy/son time as soon as he's old enough. He will treasure that time alone with you! Micah and I love the times we can spend alone doing 'boy' stuff.(especially in a house full of girls!)

Qu'est-ce que c'est? said...

Aww, Katie! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!!

Amy said...

Hey Katie! I was just clicking around on Katie Johnston's blog and found that you have one too! It was so nice meeting you at the party last night and finding out all the people we both know :) I'm excited to have you come do a jewelry party! Your little girls are so adorable! I'll bet they are excited to have a little brother coming soon! :)