Tuesday, December 8, 2009

a change in taste...

Wouldn't it be amazing if this tree was dwelling in my living room?


Or would you think I was the world's best decorator if this gorgeous tree was mine?


Would you want to be my best friend if my tree looked like this?

(Although Chad would absolutely never ever allow a peacock feather tree into his home for sure... but I did just buy a peacock feather wreath for my sister-in-law's birthday and it would look absolutely fabulous with this tree!)

But I'm glad those aren't my trees.

Why?

Because then I wouldn't have this beautiful "Adeline Original" ornament adorning my tree.


Or this, made by Emilia's sweet little hands.


And who could resist Addie's colorful snowflake?


And Millie's too (although she got tired after putting on just one bead...)


And none of those trees is good enough for this cute little face.


So yes, those trees above are beautiful.  Before having children, I would have loved to have had a tree like one of those.

But nothing is as beautiful as the masterpieces my children create.

I guess my tastes have changed.



Thanks, Remodeling My Space, for the pictures of the above trees. They really are beautiful.

4 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

I have to admit, I'm partial to family style christmas trees too. The history in the ornaments, the colorful shapes...the kids being able to touch it without worry about breaking expensive ornaments :) Your tree is perfect.

Unknown said...

Awwwww,beuuuuuuutiful! I had a big smile on my face as I saw their crafty ornaments. Wouldn't trade one of those for the worlds biggest peacock feather....ever!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Love those cute ornaments! I think we have a new project for our snow day tomorrow!

peter marie said...

SWEET.