Tuesday, January 26, 2010

blue monday challenge

Did you know that yesterday was Blue Monday?  Well, it was.  Supposedly, it's the most depressing day of the year.  And after the weather we had yesterday, I can see why!

So my good friend Liz thought we should use Blue Monday to bring cheer to others so she set up the Blue Monday Challenge.  You can read all about it here.

The girls and I thought this was a great idea, so we took the challenge head-on.

We started with some beautiful colorings:


This is my personal favorite
(a drawing of my hairdryer... why?  I have no idea, but I thought she did a pretty good job!)


We added some super cute pictures with a personal note on the back of each one:


We stuck them in envelopes and added some cool stickers:
 

Then we stamped them and sent them out to some of the older people of our church who bring a smile to our faces every Sunday.

We thought maybe this would help warm up someone else's cold winter day.

But trust me... doing this warmed up our day even more!

Thanks for the challenge, Liz!  You rock.

7 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

What fun!

Lily LOVES my hair dryer. I mean LOVES it. I thought it would scare her but she thinks it's great fun. Sometimes when I dry my hair in front of her, she waves her hand like I do and pretends like she's drying her hair too. It's cute :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

That's a neat idea....I've not heard of blue Monday, but that explains some things!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love this!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Katie, those are so cute! I wish I were at old person at Willow Creek! You are going to make some people's day in a very awesome way!

peter marie said...

What a cute idea!!

Unknown said...

SUPER BLUE MONDAY BLUE WINNER! Awesome idea and great execution. They are totally going to make lots of people smile! Way to go!

peter marie said...

Wait a second. I just realized that the hair dryer picture is FOR Sylvia. That makes it even cuter! I thought for a little bit that she named your appliances for some reason.