Tuesday, December 14, 2010

the awkward family photo

One of these faces is not like the other... 
one of these faces just isn't the same...
(500 bonus points if you can name that reference...)
I swear she said to make a funny face.

Or maybe I have ESP.

Don't believe me?  Well then why is the next picture like this?

Seriously, guys.  Let's try to get it right this time.
Phew.  Good one.  Do you know how difficult it is to get 7 kids ages 5 and under to all look at the camera at the same time?!  Well, it's impossible for me, but not for Sarah.  She never ceases to amaze me with her mad photography skills.

And here's the lineup:
 Ruby (3), Millie (3), Kaiden (5), Clara (5), Addie (5), Tate (1), Taryn (2)

We had to get a family pic for Christmas cards, of course.
Yes, I realize it looks like Tate's about ready to cry.  He was mad that Grandpa wasn't holding him.  Maybe we should've just had my dad in our pics so Tate would smile.

So blessed.


I think Grandpa and Grandma should take all the kids on a walk every day.
It looks simple enough, doesn't it?
Okay, maybe not...

 Me and my bros.
Why do my eyes close now when I smile?!  I promise you I am completely awake in this picture.

 FYI - my brother on the right is actually taller than the one on the left (or maybe the same height).  We're standing on a slope.  Which is also why I'm leaning more towards my bro on the left.  Don't worry, Travis, I love you both the same.  ;)

Oh, and I'm actually about a foot taller than both of them.  It's hard to tell because of the slope...

These two are nearly inseparable.  Sarah caught them passing the time in a book.


And this was all thanks to my lovely parents, who celebrated their 40th wedding Anniversary this year.
Aren't they adorable?

Thanks, Mom and Dad!  Love you and Happy 40th!

8 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

So cute :) Your parents look like they are taking a Sunday School class on a walk. So cute!
And, I've never noticed this before, but your fam and my fam are kind of alike...go with me for a second....
3 siblings....that don't look especially like...siblings.
Love them :)

Lenae said...

Great pictures! And wow -- 40 years!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Your pictures turned out so nice!!! I'm secretly hoping somehow your mom accidentally chooses the first one for her Christmas card! hehe It's so funny and perfect!

peter marie said...

They are so great!!

Anonymous said...

What a precious family!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, Katie! You are so lovely . . . (your beauty really stands out when you wrinkle your nose and stick out your tongue). --Jess

Jenn said...

The pictures turned out great!

Hyacynth said...

Great pictures! And you are too funny -- you had me giggling throughout the post with your commentary on the photos. :)